You have no items in your shopping cart.
Procare Diamond Plus - Max Biocare
Max Biocare’s Procare Diamond Plus provides essential nutrients for the special periods before, during and after pregnancy to support female reproductive health, preconception health and healthy fetal development. Containing omega-3 fatty acids, including EPA and 300mg of DHA, the level recommended by international practice guidelines . Omega-3’s ares needed for baby’s brain development and supplementation of omega-3 during pregnancy is associated with higher birth weight and reduced risk of preterm delivery . Supplementation is also beneficial for multiple pregnancies and closely spaced pregnancies due to increased demand for maternal omega-3.
Procare Diamond Plus is formulated with Ferrochel®, a patented form of iron, clinically proven  to improve iron status in pregnant women and shown to be 3-4 times more absorbable than ferrous sulfate. Ferrochel® is gentle on the stomach for a low-constipation, low-nausea formulation. It also comes with Folinic Acid, an easily metabolized form of folate, and folic acid which, if taken daily one month before conception and during pregnancy, can contribute to a normal pregnancy.
Pack size: 30 capsules per bottle.
- Adults: 1 capsule daily, with or after a meal
- Or as directed by a healthcare professional
- Always read the label. Follow the directions for use
- Advise your doctor of any medicine you take during pregnancy, particularly in your first trimester
- If you are concerned about the health of yourself or your baby, talk to your health practitioner
- Vitamins and minerals can only be of assistance if dietary intake is inadequate
- Do not exceed the stated dose except on medical advice. If you have had a baby with a neural tube defect/spina bifida, seek specific medical advice
- This medicine contains selenium which is toxic in high doses. A daily dose of 150 micrograms for adults of selenium from dietary supplements should not be exceeded
- If allergic to any of its composition, do not take this product
- Do not use if cap seal is broken
- Keep out of reach of children
Always read the label. This product may not be right for you. Read the label before purchase. Follow the directions for use. Dietary supplements should not replace a balanced diet.
Ingredients: Each soft capsule contains
Concentrated fish Omega-3 triglycerides
equiv. total Omega-3 marine triglycerides
equiv. Docosahexaenoic acid (DHA)
equiv. Eicosapentaenoic acid (EPA)
Calcium hydrogen phosphate
Iron (as Iron (II) glycinate)
From Ferrous bisglycinate chelate 20% (Ferrochelᵀᴹ)*
|Folic acid (vitamin B9)||400µg|
|Folinic acid (as Calcium folinate)||100µg|
|Zinc (as Zinc citrate dihydrate)||15mg|
|Selenium (as Selenomethionine)||30µg|
|Magnesium (as Heavy magnesium oxide)||30mg|
|Pantothenic acid (as Calcium pantothenate)||5mg|
|Iodine (as Potassium iodide)||150µg|
|Thiamine nitrate (vitamin B1)||2.47mg|
|Riboflavin (vitamin B2)||2mg|
|Nicotinamide (vitamin B3)||18mg|
equiv. Pyridoxine (vitamin B6)
Cycanocobalamin (vitamin B12)
Ascorbic acid (vitamin C)
d-alpha-Tocopherol (vitamin E 10IU)
*Ferrochelᵀᴹ is a trademark of Balchem Corporation
Will Procare Diamond Plus cause constipation or other problems related to iron containing pregnancy supplements?
Unlike other forms of iron, the Ferrochel® in Procare Diamond Plus, does not cause common side effects that are associated with iron supplements, such as metallic taste, nausea and constipation. This is because other forms of iron break down in the digestive tract, rather than being completely absorbed in the body. The Ferrochel® Procare Diamond Plus passes through the intestine more efficiently, while being less likely to be broken down, therefore having fewer digestive side effects [4,5].
Some pregnancy multivitamins contain a higher dose of iron, so will the amount contained in Procare Diamond Plus be enough?
Yes. Before taking iron supplements, it’s a good idea to have your iron levels checked by your doctor, to avoid overloading your system. Depending on your levels, you may not need to take an additional source of iron beyond what is obtained in Procare Diamond Plus. If you do not have iron deficiency, it has been recommended that you intake at least 27 mg per day . But if you do, it is worthwhile noting that the 24mg of Ferrochel® in Procare Diamond Plus is equivalent to the effects of 48mg of iron sulfate, with fewer digestive issues . So, both the dose and the form iron ingredient are important to consider.
Ferrochel® is a registered trademark of Balchem Corporation.
1. Koletzko et al. Ann Nutr Metab. 2014;65(1):49-80.
2. Kar et al. Eur J Obstet Gynecol Reprod Biol, 2016. 198: p. 40-6.
3. Milman et al. J. Perinat. Med. 2014; 42(2):197-206.
5. Pereira et al. BMC Gastroenterol 2014;14:103.