You have no items in your shopping cart.
IronUp® - Max Biocare
Max Biocare’s IronUp® provides an absorbable form of iron, with key support nutrients, assisting healthy red blood cell production and iron levels.
Iron bisglycinate has been clinically shown  to improve iron status in pregnant women, with fewer taste and digestive complaints, including nausea and diarrhea.
Containing folic acid, together with a readily metabolized form of folate (folinic acid), IronUp® helps to maintain folates in the body, towards supporting foetal neural tube development. IronUp® also contains vitamin C, plus vitamins B1, B2, B6 and B12, to assist iron absorption and help the body produce red blood cells and hemoglobin.
Pack size: 30 soft capsules
Each soft capsule contains
Iron (II) glycinate (equiv. Iron 24mg)
from Ferrous bisglycinate chelate 20% FerrochelTM)*
Folic acid (vitamin B9)
Calcium folinate (equiv. Folinic acid 100mcg)
Ascorbic acid (vitamin C)
Thiamine nitrate (vitamin B1)
Riboflavine (vitamin B2)
equiv. Pyridoxine (vitamin B6)
Cyanocobalamin (vitamin B12)
Free from added egg, shellfish, dairy, yeast, peanut, gluten, artificial colourings, flavourings, sweeteners or preservatives
*FerrochelTM is a trademark of Balchem Corporation (Trademark registered in Australia).
- Pregnant women: 1 capsule daily, with or after a meal
- Or as directed by a healthcare professional
- Always read the label. Follow the directions for use
- Vitamin and mineral supplements should not replace a balanced diet
- Advise your doctor of any medicine you take during pregnancy, particularly in your first trimester
- If you are concerned about the health of yourself or your baby, talk to your health practitioner
- Do not exceed the stated dose except on medical advice. If you have had a baby with a neural tube defect/spina bifida, seek specific medical advice
- Contains sulfites and soya bean products. If allergic to any of its composition, do not take this product
- Do not use if cap seal is broken. Keep out of reach of children
I am not pregnant, can I take IronUp®?
Yes. IronUp® is a gentle formula containing 24mg of elemental iron. It is suitable for anyone who has been recommended to have iron supplementation at this level. To be sure, it is always worth checking with your healthcare provider about whether this product is right for you.
Is IronUp® suitable to take during pregnancy?
Yes. Pregnant women are a well-recognized group who have higher iron demands. The iron bisglycinate in IronUp® has been clinically trialed* in pregnant women and shown to be highly absorbable . IronUp® is suitable for pregnant women with moderately low iron levels. It is always advisable to ask your healthcare provider about your own health circumstances before using this product.
Will IronUp® cause digestive or other problems related to iron supplements? the iron bisglycinate in IronUp® is less likely to cause effects such as metallic taste, nausea, diarrhea, constipation and dark stools [1,2]. Nevertheless, any medicinal products have the potential to cause side effects that may affect individuals differently.
There is already iron in my prenatal multivitamin, do I need to take IronUp® as well?
Before taking iron supplements, it is a good idea to have your iron levels checked by your doctor, to avoid overloading your system. Depending on your levels and the amount contained in your prenatal multivitamin, you may not need to take an additional source of iron.Always read the label. Follow the directions for use. Dietary supplements should not replace a balanced diet.
Advertising Permit Number : MAHP2100290
Sales promotion Permit Number : MAHS2100196
Expiry Date: Oct 2022